Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Caution: Eyebrow Crossing.

I don’t consider myself Democratic or Republican, but I know when I’m being taken for a ride.

I just don’t understand the people the Democratic Party chooses to represent them these days. Last night the Democratic rebuttal featured “fresh meat,” newly inaugurated Virginia Governor Tim Kaine. The money shots featured the line “there’s a better way,” accompanied by the biggest Dr.-Evil-eyebrow-raise I’ve ever seen in my life – “Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?” And each time he did it, I heard the subtext “you motherfuckers are so stupid! Come on, give the Democrats some love, and we’ll take care of the smarts. You just kick back and watch TV.”

Now, I understand that this is a young, promising candidate for the Democrats, who might have some cross-party appeal – but since Clinton destroyed America’s trust by lying to our faces, the party has badly needed someone who at least *seems* genuine (see Exhibit W: “Nuke-you-lure.” People like transparency, even if it sounds a little ignorant).

Someone send this guy to charm school while he still has a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home