Saturday, February 18, 2006

Mother Nature, You Suck.

Two days ago it was 80 degrees outside. In the span of 9 hours, the temperature in Fort Worth dropped 52 degrees. Today the high is 28 and the roads are iced over. In a brief jaunt to McBee homes to show Monika's parents the model home, we saw no fewer than 10 cars spun out and wrecked. On our final bridge before the turn-off to the model home, I was drifting across the 200 feet or so, recognizing that to press on the gas pedal would be fruitless, and the dumbass behind me in a Suburban apparently thought I was going too slow and proceeded to hit the gas, then execute an Olympic-style double salchow with a perfect landing (i.e. he managed to avoid hitting anyone).

Attention motorists: you might have a truck, you might have a Hummer. You might even have 4-wheel-drive. Guess what? ICE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT!

And back to the topic at hand - Mother Nature, we are fighting. I don't mind if you pull these stunts during the work week - heck, I encourage it! But purposefully destroying our two days of freedom on the weekend? That's just cold. (shameless, awful pun alert!)

I can't think of anything more appropriate at this time...

L7 - Shitlist

When I get mad
And I get pissed
I grab my pen
And I write out a list
Of all the people
That won’t be missed
You’ve made my shitlist

For all the ones who bum me out
For all the ones who fill my head with doubt
For all the squares who get me pissed
You’ve made my shitlist

Shitlist!
Shitlist!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home