Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sigur Ros

Last Monday night was the fruition of months of anticipation, and the boys from Iceland delivered the goods. Here is the set list, which I found on a SR messageboard:

Takk...
Glosoli
Ny Batteri
Saeglopur
Njosnavelin
E-Bow
Gong (strings)/Gitardjamm/Gong (song)
Andvari
Hoppipolla
Meo Bloanasir
Olsen Olsen
Svo Hljott
Heysatan
--
Vidrar Vel Til Loftarasa
Popplagio


What does this mean to you? Probably nothing. I was very surprised, though, because the set was different than I expected it to be. How so? It’s difficult to say, but I might say that it was a little more “aggressive” than I thought it would be. Apparently the guys were having sound problems in the venues leading up to the Bass and changed the setlist as a result. I’m guessing that these changes focused on shifting away from the more complex, layered songs, and toward the more straightforward, rocking-out songs.

Did I mention it was loud? Not just loud - fucking loud. Thank God I brought earplugs. I was going to hold out on putting them in until the band played my favorite song, which I expected to appear within the first few they played, but after two songs I popped those suckers in before my ears exploded. It was a good thing, too, because they never did play my favorite song (the streak continues! *shakes fist*).

I could probably ramble on for pages about various things, but I’m too exhausted to do so right now, so I’ll leave it at this, the overall verdict: awesome. It was everything I was hoping it would be.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it lived up to the expectations. Nothing worse than waiting and hoping and counting down, only to be let down.

Rock on.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home