Thursday, March 23, 2006

"V for Vendetta"

V for Vendetta is a thinly-veiled commentary on the state of the nation by the Wachowski brothers of Matrix fame. It's also adapted from a graphic novel that I have not read. However, I'm glad I haven't; the movie rarely stands up to the quality of the original work, and frankly, I liked the movie. For one, you've got to love a movie where the hero is the beacon of eloquence, including an introduction with more v-words strung together than I've ever heard. Second, you've got to at least be intrigued by his dedication to his ideals, regardless of whether you agree with him or not. Third, it always helps to have Natalie Portman back in top form and away from "hold me like you did on Naboo" form. John Hurt is also fantastic as the fire-spitting chancellor.

Although I found the not-so-subtleties a bit over-the-top, I still thought the movie was a lot of fun, and recommend you check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home