Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Gift and the Curse.

In the early 80’s, my friend’s father had a Porsche 930 (before there was a 911 Turbo, there were 930’s in Europe; he had it imported to the States), that he washed every weekend. My dad had a perpetual subscription to Car and Driver that I studied from the moment I could read. Combine this with the fact that just about every toy made for little boys has something to do with automobiles – I became hooked.

I like cars probably as much as it’s possible to like a non-living object. Ever since I came to that realization, I have always dreamed of having a sweet car that I washed on the weekends. And here I am, washing away, making sure this sucker is incredibly clean on a continual basis. It’s almost bizarre how happy it makes me to wash my car, and I know it makes no sense, but what can I say – everyone has their “thing.” At least I’m not smoking crack.

Monika says “why are you taking more pictures of your car? Not only do you not already have that same picture over and over again, you have it taken by a PROFESSIONAL photographer!” And she’s totally correct. But that will never stop me!






Aaaaaaaaaah. (that's the sound of sweet relief)

If there is one car I will probably never get out of my head, it’s this – the hottest car ever made. It will be mine. Oh, yes…it will be mine. The Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary Edition:

That car is so hot it makes Ferarris look like something I would drop after eating a few Taco Bell bean burritos. Okay, perhaps not quite that bad, but close.

I hope you all are also having a nice, relaxing Sunday afternoon.