Saturday, August 19, 2006

Snakes + Plane = Massive Entertainment.

Yes, that's right, I saw the one and only Snakes on a Plane yesterday, and I am relieved more than anything else to declare is was a great movie. Although it won't be winning Oscars any time soon, it delivered the perfect amount of B-movie cheese without flagrantly being just a B-movie. Plus it maintained just the right amount of suspense to keep you on edge; even though you're not really scared, you know that those pesky snakes could be hiding anywhere, and could pop out at any time. And keep in mind, these are movie snakes, so they're quite ornery. The first time one lunged to, for example, take a nose dive into someone's eye socket, I thought "man, those snakes must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed!"

Of course, anchoring the movie is the one and only "Bad Motherfucker," Jules, I mean, Samuel L. Jackson. He ain't afraid of no snakes. I mean, if you're a snake, would you attack Samuel L.? I think not. Among my favorite nuances of the movie is the fact that on the plane, Mr. Jackson never takes off his black leather jacket - no matter what (you'll see what I mean).

Plot? Other characters? Come on now, you all shouldn't care about these details. What you should care about is that it's worth the price of admission just to see highly disgruntled snakes kill people in ways that will make you cringe just from seeing it, and to hear Mr. Jackson say "the line."

Let me know what you think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home