Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Dog is the Fastest Dog Ever.

...Or the third fastest ever. Close enough. Last Thursday Miles and I ran the one-mile "Fido Run" at the Fort Worth "Friends of the River" event. They told us explicitly that the race was a non-competitive event, to which I guffawed and poised myself to turn on the afterburners. Interestingly, when Miles and I run by ourselves, we maintain about a ten-minute-mile pace, not fast by any stretch of the imagination. However, with other dogs out and about on the run, he was all fired up and actually tried to pull me faster at times. All in, we finished in about 7 minutes, and came in third place.

On a quasi-related note, I have been massively tired lately. The general strain of work, working out, and a busy schedule has resulted in a noticeable decrease in bloductivity (I just invented that word) on my end. I'll try to get back on the saddle now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are just "dog tired"

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home