Saturday, March 15, 2008

DST.

Daylight Savings Time has been messing with me since it popped up last weekend. On Monday and Tuesday I had an extremely hard time getting up, in fact, the net result was that I got up at the same time as always, and it happened to be an hour later with DST. On Wednesday, my wife and I drove to San Antonio to attend a funeral, thus on Wednesday morning I legitimately had to get up early. Thursday and Friday were a sort of semi-awake-semi-zombie state at the midpoint of the old and new waking times, thus it makes logical sense (yet no sense) that today, on the first weekend day, I woke up at my typical 7:00 a.m. It's still dark outside, though, and it seems like I should still be sleeping. It's not going to happen, though, since once I feel fully awake, that's all there is to it, and there's no stopping the awake-train.

At least I don't have to worry about the rest of the family sleeping in, which they do with pleasure. Miles has learned a new trick over the past 6 months or so: since I'm almost always the first to get up, and depending on what time it is, Miles may or may not be in the mood to get up as well. These days, whether he's in the mood to get up with me or not, when I'm about to head out the door to go to work, he looks at me from the hallway with the stare of "YES! Mommy cuddle time!" He runs into the bedroom and hops into bed with my wife and they sleep like hibernating bears for a couple more hours. Lately, he's become brash enough to attempt this feat even earlier, i.e., as soon as I step outside the bedroom, i.e., right now. Miles likes to sleep later for DST as well.


And here's a picture of when he was a puppy just for the hell of it, since he's so ridiculously cute:


3 Comments:

Blogger Christopher J. Bottaro said...

DST has seriously been messing with me also. My sleep schedule is so out of whack, I came to work 2 hours late one day last week and I went to bed at 5am last night and got up at 3ish. Ugh.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

celine outlet
cheap ugg boots
michael kors outlet online
michael kors uk
coach outlet
moncler uk
canada goose outlet
retro jordans
toms shoes
ugg sale
201612.15wengdongdong

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home