Friday, July 25, 2008

Rice 'n' Noodle

I'm fairly sure I've mentioned this before, but it deserves reiterating: if you are in the mood for great Thai food (or Chinese food, or bubble tea, or chicken wings), go to Rice 'n' Noodle immediately! Rice 'n' Noodle first popped on my radar screen a couple years ago when Monika and I were about to move out of our apartment into the house. I got a flyer on my door and decided to give the place a shot although I thought the name was one of the oddest names I'd seen for a Thai restaurant. I got red curry and loved it. Afterward I continued to get the red curry for a long time, then switched to the (now-standing) panang curry, which is panang perfection.

An aside: I am addicted to bubble tea. For those of you unfamiliar, bubble tea is beverage of some sort (usually tea based, but it doesn't have to be) that contains tapioca balls at the bottom of the drink that come up with the liquid via a large straw. The bottom line is that bubble tea is ridiculously delicious and I never get sick of it. I used to get my bubble tea from a drink stand in Hulen Mall, but 3 months ago the stand mysteriously disappeared. One day I went to RnN with a fellow Noodlehead and was baffled to notice that they had bubble tea on their menu and I'd never noticed. Predictably, RnN is the new fixture for bubble tea in addition to Asian food now. And guess what? They freakin' sell chicken wings, too. Awesome chicken wings. Once I get the owner to copy Wing Stop's ranch and fries it'll be the go to wing place since they actually have slightly better wings than WS.

If you're not already at Rice 'n' Noodle sucking down bubble tea and snarfing down curry, you're missing out. I'll see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home